Welcome to Awakenings Yoga - ages 16+
Enhance mind/body awareness by increasing strength, flexibility, balance, proper breathing and stress reduction. Awakenings Yoga is a near-perfect science-of-life that provides clear guidance and practical tools to create and maintain a balanced and healthy lifestyle. Enjoy the healing, noncompetitive, and relaxing class environment. Barbara Spietz, an internationally-recognized master teacher, has conducted teacher training workshops throughout India and the United States. She was featured in Yoga Chicago Magazine and is registered with the Yoga Alliance at the 500 hour level. You can find more information on the Awakenings Yoga website at the Awakenings Yoga website. Wear comfortable attire. Equipment is provided, however, if you prefer you may bring your own.
Classes will be held at the GRANDWOOD PARK PARK DISTRICT COMMUNITY CENTER located at 36630 N. Hutchins Road in Gurnee. Registration is taken at class .. just come on in and Barb will get you registered.
If you need to contact Barb, you may email her at firstname.lastname@example.org
2018 Class Schedule
Mondays 7:00 - 8:30 p.m. ($60 per session - unless noted)
- Session #1: January 8 - February 26 (8 week session - $80)
- Session #2: March 12 - April 23 (7 week session - $70)
- Session #3: May 7 - June 25 (no class May 28) (7 week session - $70)
- Session #4: July 9 - August 13
- Session #5: September 10 - October 15
- Session #6: October 29 - December 10 (no class November 22)