In order to provide safe, accessible, and entertaining parks for all, please abide by the following regulations. Failure to do so may result in expulsion, fine, and/or arrest.
- Open: Sunrise to Sunset
- While enjoying the park please respect its use by others.
- Smoking and/or Tobacco use of any kind is not allowed on any Park District Property.
- Leash and pick up after all pets.
- Bicycles, tricycles, scooters, rollerblades, skateboards or similar vehicles should not be used on the playground.
- Parents are responsible for the supervision and conduct of their children at all times. Please use your discretion as to your child’s physical ability to use any of the playground equipment.
- Loitering in parking lots is not allowed.
- Hunting and firearms are not allowed.
- Golfing is not permitted in parks.
- Organized league games or practices are not permitted without a permit.
NOTICE: Violation of these rules may result in a fine of up to $500. We ask for your assistance by reporting vandalism or unsafe conditions to the Lake County Sheriff (847) 549-5200, or the Park District Office (847) 356-0008. Thank you.
Board approved 7/11/2012
Photos and video footage are periodically taken of people participating in a Park District program or activity, attending a class or event, or using District facilities or property. Please be aware that by registering for a program or class, participating in an activity, attending and event, or using District facilities or property, you authorize the District to use these photos and video footage for promotional purposes in District publications, advertising, marketing materials, brochures, event flyers, social media (including Facebook, YouTube, Instagram, Twitter, and other social media sites operated by the District), and the District’s website without additional prior notice or permission and without any compensation to you. All photos and videos are property of the district.
SMOKE/TOBACCO FREE PARKS
The District realizes that the issue of smoking and/or tobacco use within the workplace and public facilities has been of growing national concern. The District believes smoking/tobacco use in the proximity of youth and adults engaging in or watching recreational activities whether indoors or outside on District owned or operated facilities is detrimental to their health and can be offensive to those at such locations.
Therefore, in the best interest of employees, program participants, guests and visitors of the District, and to create a healthy environment in which to work and recreate, smoking and/or tobacco use of any kind will not be allowed on any District property or any District vehicle.
The District also reserves the right to enact more restrictive ordinances when in accordance with local, state, or federal law.
Approved by the Board of Commissioners on 1-11-2012
Requests for public records not on the website must be made in writing and submitted to:
Grandwood Park Park District
Attn: FOIA Request
36630 N. Hutchins Road
Gurnee, Illinois 60031