Welcome to the Grandwood Park Park District
GRANDWOOD PARK PARK DISTRICT
PHASE 4 REOPENING PLANS
The state of Illinois and its residents have done a good job of “flattening the curve” to ensure our medical systems do
not become overwhelmed.
"Illinois has done better than almost every other highly populated state" in controlling the virus, Pritzker said, and as a result it "has seen dramatic declines in COVID-19 deaths."
However, that does not mean the virus is gone. As some states are experiencing, it only takes a few people/events to get the virus spreading again. Its like a forest fire, as long as there is fuel, it will keep spreading.
Wearing a face mask and washing our hands is something we can all do.
The Park District will be following the guidelines to ensure the health and safety of the residents of the Park District.
- Open Space remains available to park district residents and renters per our existing policies.
- Shelters and fields will be available based on phase 4 guidelines and GPPD policies.
Outdoor recreation can include group sizes of up to 50 and permit multiple groups given facilities have space to appropriately social distance and can limit interaction between groups. Concession stands will be permitted with restrictions.
- Rentals will again be available under the states phase 4 guidelines. The community center has a capacity of 161, however, under the phase 4 guidelines, we will be limited to 50 people.
- Meetings and events: Events and meetings can resume with the lesser of up to 50 people or 50 percent overall room capacity. Multiple groups are permitted given facilities have space to appropriately social distance and can limit interaction between groups.
- Plans will be in line with state guidance as the state moves into phase 4 of the Restore Illinois plan, and measures include wearing masks, limiting gatherings to 50 people or fewer, increasing school cleaning and disinfection, and even implementing symptom checks at schools.
Please contact the Grandwood Park Park District office for more details.
Call: (847) 356 0008
For more information go to:
Pay your rental fees, preschool tuition, or invoice with a major credit card (Visa, MasterCard, American Express,
or Discover) by clicking on the PAY ONLINE button below.