Welcome to the Grandwood Park Park District
Park District Meeting - August 12, 2020 @ 6:30 p.m.
Please join the meeting from your computer, tablet or smartphone.
You can also dial in using your phone.
United States: +1 (224) 501-3412
Access Code: 433-291-701
Please follow this link to the agenda for the meeting.
We ask that all members of the public MUTE their microphones while monitoring the meeting. If you have public comment, you may do it in one of two ways:
- Email your comments to firstname.lastname@example.org by 6pm the day of the meeting. All public comment received, will be read to the Board during the public comment section of the meeting.
- If you wish to make your comments during the virtual meeting, please message us in the chat box at the beginning of the meeting with your name, specifying the topic of your comment. When President Carlson calls for Public Comment, names of individuals wishing to address the Board will be call upon, one at a time. At that time you may unmute your microphone and address the Board. Once you have completed your comments, please MUTE your microphone again. If we reach the end of the Public Comment section and you have not been called upon for your comments, please message me in the chat box – or call 847-356-0008. We will make time during the meeting if you were signed in and not called upon.
The Board will be holding an Executive meeting tomorrow night as well, and this meeting is closed to the public. When the Board leaves the General Session, the meeting will be ended for all attendees. If you wish to reconnect to the meeting, you may do so right after you are disconnected by following the link in this email again, however, once connected again you will need to wait until the Board completes the executive session and returns to general session. If you have any questions, please do not hesitate to contact us.
GRANDWOOD PARK PARK DISTRICT
PHASE 4 REOPENING PLANS
The state of Illinois and its residents have done a good job of “flattening the curve” to ensure our medical systems do not become overwhelmed.
"Illinois has done better than almost every other highly populated state" in controlling the virus, Pritzker said, and as a result it "has seen dramatic declines in COVID-19 deaths."
However, that does not mean the virus is gone. As some states are experiencing, it only takes a few people/events to get the virus spreading again. Its like a forest fire, as long as there is fuel, it will keep spreading.
Wearing a face mask and washing our hands is something we can all do.
The Park District will be following the guidelines to ensure the health and safety of the residents of the Park District.
- Open Space remains available to park district residents and renters per our existing policies.
- Shelters and fields will be available based on phase 4 guidelines and GPPD policies.
Outdoor recreation can include group sizes of up to 50 and permit multiple groups given facilities have space to appropriately social distance and can limit interaction between groups. Concession stands will be permitted with restrictions.
- Rentals will again be available under the states phase 4 guidelines. The community center has a capacity of 161, however, under the phase 4 guidelines, we will be limited to 50 people.
- Meetings and events: Events and meetings can resume with the lesser of up to 50 people or 50 percent overall room capacity. Multiple groups are permitted given facilities have space to appropriately social distance and can limit interaction between groups.
- Plans will be in line with state guidance as the state moves into phase 4 of the Restore Illinois plan, and measures include wearing masks, limiting gatherings to 50 people or fewer, increasing school cleaning and disinfection, and even implementing symptom checks at schools.
Please contact the Grandwood Park Park District office for more details.
Call: (847) 356 0008
For more information go to:
Pay your rental fees, preschool tuition, or invoice with a major credit card (Visa, MasterCard, American Express,
or Discover) by clicking on the PAY ONLINE button below.